Earlier this week I wrote a blog post reflecting on 2016 and making goals for 2017. With the new year comes the need to buy a new planner and this year I decide to purchase the 2017 dated compact Passion Planner. In the past, I have had a Lilly Pulitzer agenda and a Day Designer by BlueSky, which I really liked! But this year I wanted to try this one because I love the company’s focus on organization, and setting goals and achieving them.
The Passion Planner is all about planning for a life you want. And it is like a blank slate so you can customize it any way you want! This year I chose the compact planner, rather than the classic planner, because of its size. I wanted a agenda I could easily fit into most of my purses and take with me wherever I go.
The organizational features in the Passion Planner:
- Hourly planning – This feature is what attracted me to the Passion Planner the most. It is broken down into half-hour increments for maximum planning! I wanted to break down my day and plan specifically what I was going to do so I could manage my time and achieve my goals. I knew if I planned exactly when I wanted to do something, I would actually do it at that time. For example, if I plan exactly when I am going to go to the gym, I will actually go rather than just saying “I am going to go to the gym sometime today” and then not actually going (this actually really works for me!).
- Separate work and personal to-do list – This is a great feature for working professionals! You can separate your work agenda from your personal to-dos for the ultimate organization.
- This week’s focus – With this section, you can make your weekly goal stand out and make it the focus!
- Good things that happened – I love this section because it combines the aspect of a planner and journal! I’ve always kept my old planners so I could go back and look at them later to remember things that happened. I love how I can use the Passion Planner as a journal too. I’ve even thought about getting a little printer like this to print photos to put in this section.
- Inspirational quotes – This little section just gives you some weekly inspiration!
- Space of infinite possibilities – I love this section because you can do whatever you want with it! Passion Planner even has downloads you can print off and put in this section, adding even more possibilities to your planning. My favorite downloadables is the habit tracker and water tracker. I really believe these will help me reach my fitness and heath goals this year.
- Monthly reflection questions – This section is pretty cool because you can reflect on the month and think about how you can better the use of your time or achieve your goals in the next month. There are also simple questions asking about things you did, making this section like a journal also.
- Blank pages – in the back of the Passion Planner, there are sections of blank and graph paper. This section is like another space of infinite possibilities where you can doodle or write. I am thinking I might use this space to keep track of my workouts, but I am not sure if it will be enough space.
I’m so excited to be using this planner this year and can’t wait to see how it helps me organize my time and improve my productivity, both at work and home. If you are interested in Passion Planner, but aren’t sure if you want to commit to it without trying it, you can download the PDF version by sharing on social media!
Comment below what planner you are using this year and what your favorite feature about it is!
*UPDATED 3/13: Use the code KLOGSDON10 for 10% off your purchase on passionplanner.com