There are many things that people don’t tell you before going through recruitment… here are the top 13!
1. Greek life is nothing like it seems in the movies and media.
It is nothing like Animal House or The House Bunny. You might actually own a toga, but that’s about it.
2. You become an expert at crafting.
Whether it’s a canvas for your little or cooler for your boyfriend, you will learn how to craft like a pro.
3. Recruitment is stressful, yet rewarding at the same time.
Recruitment is one of the very few things that might make you want to rip your hair out, but it is so rewarding in the end.
4. You have more sisters than you ever could have imagined.
If you’re a Kappa Delta, you have 230,000+ sisters to be exact.
5. You become a better student
Study tables and fun incentives might be the best thing that ever happened to your GPA.
6. You become an active donor to every major charity on campus.
Whether it’s your chapter’s philanthropy or another organization’s philanthropy, you will end up giving all of your spare change to charity.
7. Your closet will mostly consist of letter, philanthropy, and formal shirts
You will always want to wear your letters with pride; letters will alway be your goto outfit.
8. There are rivalries with other organizations.
Whether it’s during recruitment or Greek Sing, chapters can be competitive with each other; however, in the end, everyone comes together to support each other.
9. Sororities are not exclusive.
Many people believe that sororities are exclusive and you can only be friends with your sisters. In reality, you can be friends with everyone, including girls in other sororities!
10. You might end up dating someone who is also in a Greek organization.
You didn’t join your sorority to meet boys, but with socials and other Greek events it is easy to meet new people with common interests and values.
11. You will find your soul mates.
No, not your boyfriend… Your sisters will be your soul mates. No boy could ever beat the bond you create with your sisters.
12. Formal is like prom all over again
If you miss shopping for fancy dresses and the traditions of prom then you are in luck. Formal is like prom, but 10 times more fun.
13. It’s not just four years, it’s for life.
The memories you make in your sorority won’t just be during your college years. Your connections and friendships with your sisters will last a lifetime.
Originally posted on Sorority Stylista